Why We Add Terpenes to Our Hemp Oil
Simply put, terpenes are natural plant compounds that help plants smell the way they do and they have amazing nutritional qualities and health benefits. For example, one of the terpenes we add to our Energy blend is called Pinene, and it’s the most commonly found terpene in the plant kingdom. If you want to know what it smells like, imagine the smell of a pine tree, or rosemary. Within the blend, three other terpenes we add are:
- Limonene: shown promise in helping to combat stress and anxiety to help calm your mind and musculature before sleep.
- Humulene: powerful anti-inflammatory and analgesic agent, lending to a more soothed and relaxed composure.
- Eugenol: commonly found in clove oil, cinnamon, basil, and nutmeg oils; shown to be a powerful fat-soluble antioxidant.
And Sunflower Lecithin
One of the most interesting things about Lecithin (other than the fact roughly 30% of your brain is made of this stuff) is that it’s not just a common food additive, but a vital component to every healthy cell in our bodies. Now, that said, here are three reasons we’ve added sunflower lecithin to our Daily blend of full spectrum hemp oil:
- In our opinion it’s an ideal non-soy and non-animal source of lecithin and it’s extracted without the need for potentially harmful (to humans and the lecithin itself) chemicals/solvents like acetone or hexane.
- Sunflower lecithin is rich in choline and provides a host of beneficial phospholipids.
- It helps your body emulsify the many beneficial fats in the hemp oil so they can be better absorbed/dispersed into your body.